Before implementing a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS), Bloomington Hospital faced the same challenge as many multi-facility hospitals.
While its facilities shared the same patients, they didn’t share patient information and images.
Bloomington Hospital needed a medical imaging solution that would help it enhance the overall patient experience – from ordering to report distribution.
Specifically, the Indiana hospital was in search of a medical imaging solution to eliminate:
- Slow report turnaround times and delayed patient treatments
- The need for radiologists to travel long distances to other facilities to interpret exams
- Long wait times for patients as office staff tracked their information down from other facilities
Bloomington Hospital turned to McKesson to implement an integrated PACS/RIS – Horizon Medical Imaging™ and McKesson Radiology Manager™.
Since implementation, the hospital has:
- Decreased report turnaround times from a day to just minutes
- Enabled radiologists to see prior images and reports, no matter where they are
- Improved patient outcomes with fewer errors and fast treatment times
Download the full medical imaging case study to learn more.
Plus, you should follow us on Twitter today.