Technology advancements are rapidly changing the medical industry – the radiology field, in particular. Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) are enabling physicians to quickly and easily share diagnostic imaging information, reports and images electronically.
In a recent post, the British Medical Advisor Jobs blog highlights some of the many benefits of PACS on patient care and physician efficiency. We’ve summarized that information and created the “Top 5 PACS Benefits” list:
1. PACS reduces the need for film in diagnostic imaging, saving on both the costs to buy film and the space needed to house film.
2. PACS facilitates quick and easy access to patient images and reports.
3. PACS can help reduce the number of duplicate images since previous results are available electronically.
4. With PACS, tests can be performed anywhere, as results can be shared electronically with other remote facilities.
5. Physicians can acquire a chronological view of patients’ radiology histories.
What benefits would you add to our top 5 list?