Leading the healthcare technology trends for 2013 are mobile devices. Hospitals benefit from technologies that allow physicians to do work on-the-go. McKesson understands this benefit and has a new solution in its Horizon Patient Folder™ product line that helps hospitals decrease deficient records.
Speed Up Deficiency Completion
This new technology provides doctors and hospitals a mobile advantage with the ability to complete documentation across wireless platforms, including iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® devices.
The mobile application includes robust functionality to sign and edit documents, help decrease deficiencies and view pertinent patient demographic data via the selected device. In addition, it uses badge-push notifications to alert users that deficiencies exist. Physicians have a quicker and more simplified way to see the number of pending deficiencies without logging into a computer.
Horizon Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion™ also helps improve cash flow by enabling physicians to complete document deficiencies, such as missing signatures. Additional benefits may include:
- Potential decreases in DNFB and DNFC
- Potential reduction in AR days for better cash flow
- Innovative use of technology to help improve physician experience
- Promotes increase in admissions by attracting community physicians
- Highly-intuitive, highly-productive and no fee option for physicians to improve physician experience
- Helps improve convenience of completing deficiencies
- Enhances communication of existing deficiencies through badge-push notifications
- Potential to provide additional clinical documentation through the completion of missing-text deficiencies
- May remind physicians of missing clinical documentation through the completion of dictation deficiencies
All access to the application is controlled via login credentials through Horizon Patient Folder controlled by Active Directory*.
- No patient data is stored on the device
- All data transport is encrypted to ensure security of patient information
- Advanced administration features for Administrators to access real-time information
*Must be on HPF version 15.0 or higher to use Active Directory
It’s the right time. It’s the right place.
Visit booth #8247 at HIMSS13 in the Mobile Solutions Knowledge Center to get an up-close introduction to Horizon Patient Folder Mobile Deficiency Completion™ on March 4th – 6th.