Collaboration. It’s a mainstay of the medical environment, with the various departments and people with different skills working together towards common goals for patient care. These goals can be accomplished more easily with collaborative software that integrates with PACS RIS systems.
Collaborative software is designed to help people involved in a common task achieve goals. This type of software helps facilitate teams that work together, whether it is within the same building or even over geographic distances. Collaborative software provides tools that aid communication, sharing information, task assignments, time-management, and shared calendars.
Picture archiving and communication system (PACS) management solutions enable health care providers to acquire, distribute and archive medical images and diagnostic reports throughout the hospitals or clinic. PACS integrates with RIS to create an incorporated RIS/PACS environment that improves workflow and efficiency, not only within the radiology department, but with the rest of the hospital or clinical environment.
What are some of the collaborative benefits of RIS PACS systems for radiology?
- Streamlined workflow through electronic medical imaging records
- Enhanced quality of clinical care and patient safety through faster information transmission
- Better clinical decision making through the easy availability of more comprehensive patient records
- Improved diagnoses by providing referring physicians with patient images as part of a complete medical record
- Augmented productivity to help improve clinical, financial and operational outcomes